Friday, May 4, 2012

Back at it!


posted by Maureen

Wow, I have definitely not been a good blogger of late! Sorry, my friends, for the super long absence. I’ve actually been quite the busy pregnant gal lately, trying to squeeze the most out of the last days of my second trimester. Here’s what I’ve been up to:

First, I decided it was time for a little change in the hair department, so I scheduled an appointment and went from this:


Back at 20 weeks pregnant.
To this!


23 weeks.
And guess what? It turns out I wasn’t the only Feeny twin who just so happened to get her hair cut during the 5 o’clock hour on Wed, April 11th!  Bridget and I discovered during a phone chat earlier that day that we had both coincidentally scheduled our first haircuts in 6 months for within 30 minutes of each other on the same day! 


Yes, we are twins. But now we are twins with different haircuts, apparently. I haven't seen any photos yet, but she says she didn't do anything drastic. So despite the matching growing bellies, people can still find a way to tell us apart ;)

Also in April, these two awesome people came to visit!

Coolest parents ever.
My parents are as handy and helpful as they come, so despite to a trip to Carmel, CA and a bit of other fun, they wound up spending most of their “vacation” helping Dan and me continue the ongoing effort to set up our apartment and *start to get things ready for when our new little kicker makes his/her grand entrance.

*I say “start to get things ready” because, although I am now 6 months pregnant, I still have basically nothing to show for it except this (sizable) belly of mine. Hmm…note to self, best get on that.

Here’s what we did get done:



We finally bought a mirror for above our Craigslist-find dresser, which my mom managed to work her magic on and rid the drawers of their funky musty smell (per this post here).  Now we can actually put our clothes in the dresser, instead of on it. That, along with the necklace hooks my dad hung mean that I can see my jewelry when I need it instead of having to dig through various travel cases, as I've done for the past three months. Oh, how much better it looks! 


(OK, honesty check: the pile of laundry, etc. that you see on the bed to the left may or may not have been moved from the dresser just for this photo. Oh well...at least you can see how nice it could look one day ;)




We also planted some flowers, herbs, and veggies and got our balconies (we have two) ready for summer. We are now growing lettuce, cucumbers, basil, and chives. 

Basil...yum!

Don't these just make you smile? :)
 And, for the girl who knows next to nothing about caring for an infant, my mom and I also made the very necessary 45 minute trek to the nearest baby superstore for a little tutorial on just what we'll be needing once this baby joins the scene. 
imgres.jpg
Oh Buy Buy Baby, why must you be so far from my house?

While my dad went golfing, my mom came along to one of my monthly pregnancy check-ups, where she got to see this:


I am told that the photo very clearly shows the baby's face, including the eyes, nose, and mouth. Can you see it? Neither can I. I could, however, see the heartbeat when he showed us, so that was pretty cool.



My dad got to join in too when we took my parents along on a tour of the hospital where we'll be delivering our little kicker. As we walked out after the tour, it definitely hit me that the next time we leave will be with a baby in tow. Very surreal to say the least!

imgres.jpg


Towards the end of their visit,  we took a little trip down to Carmel & Pebble Beach on the Monterey Peninsula. Being the lazy blogger that I am, I forgot to take a camera with us, so instead you get to see a photo from our last trip to Pebble Beach back when I was a skinny little thing at 20 lbs less!


Back when I could drink!
That was me then, and this is me now:


So, it’s been a little over a week since my parents left town, but still no blogging from me. Why, you ask? More on what I've been up to next time, but here’s a hint:



Have a great weekend everyone! And get excited for next week when we at Young & Dizzy will be back to our regularly scheduled blogging. See you then :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! The apartment looks great! As do you. Love the hair. Can't wait to hear about London!!

    ReplyDelete